Chadar Trek Group Departure 2022-23
Leh – Bakula – Nyarakpulu – Bakula – Leh 07N/08D
Daily Departure Ex. Leh from 07 January 2023 to 05 February 2023
The Chadar Trek or the Zanskar Gorge is a winter trail over the frozen Zanskar River, which flows through the Indian union territory of Ladakh. It is traditionally the only means of travel during the harsh winter months since the motorable roads get blocked due to heavy snowfall .
The walls following this route are near vertical cliffs up to 600 m high and the Zanskar River (a tributary of the Indus) is only 5 metres (16 ft) wide in some places. The overall distance is approximately 105 kilometres (65 mi) hence an average trekker walks up to 16 kilometres (10 mi) per day. The trek is all about persistence & survival. It is about experiencing survival lessons in the harsh terrains at sub-zero temperatures, interacting with the locals & understanding their ways of living, especially in one of the most inhabitable regions of the world, the Zanskar. While you trek across this dramatic gorge, its frozen expanse will be spanned out like a “Chadar” (Sheet) and will reflect the sky under your feet.
The primal thrill during the journey will be sleeping in tents & caves, musing over blazing bonfires in freezing temperatures amidst the wild and yet surviving it all – makes it the Do before you die” kind of a journey!
Day 01: Delhi – Leh: Airport Pickup (4 Kms | 15 minutes approx)
Arrive at Leh airport, one of our representatives shall meet and greet you there. You shall be transported to your reserved accommodation . Check into the hotel and get proper full day rest in order to get fully acclimatized. O/N Leh.
Day 02: Leh
Post breakfast you can visit the Leh Palace, Tsemo hill top, Shanti Stupa and Leh Market. Overnight stay in the same Hotel.
Day 03: Medical Check up
After breakfast, the client will be taken to the nearby SNM Hospital for medical checkup. Post check- up you will be free at your leisure. Overnight stay in Hotel.
Day 04: Leh – Chiling/ Shingra-Gongma to Deep Yokma (3300m) 6 hrs drive (Taxi/Bus):/1 ½ hrs trek approx.
In the morning after breakfast drive towards Nimoo where the confluence of river Zanskar and Indus is located, from there take left and drive along the Zanskar River till you reach Shingra Gongma. Starting this trek to Deep where you’ll see number of caves, and you will also see Tsomo Paldar, naturally flowing spring water. After a day long trek you will set your tent at Deep for your night stay.
Day 05: Deep Yokma to Nyrakpulu (3400m) 4-5 hrs.As usual the trek will start post breakfast from Deep Yokma. After 4-5 hours of walking you’ll be reaching Nyarakpulu.Once you have rested and had your Lunch, visit the huge waterfall and nearby beautiful village called Nyarak. You can interact with the villagers there and learn more about their lives. Singge-La (the Lion pass that connects Ladakh to Himachal Pradesh) will be visible from the village. You shall set your camp and stay overnight there.
Day 06: Nyrakpulu to Deep Yokma (3300m) 4- 5hrs.After spending the night at Nyarakpulu, your return journey shall start from the next morning through the same route towards Deep Yogma. On reaching the Deep Yogma, you shall be camping by the river side.
Day 07: Deep Yokma to Bakula to Shingra Gongma to Leh (3200m) (1 ½ hrs trek & 5 hrs drive)
Trek back from Deep Yokma to Bakula to Shingra gongma and then drive to Leh after bidding farewell to the last 4 days of your experiences and folding them into your memories.
Day 08: Leh Airport Drop (4 Kms | 15 minutes approx)
Early in the morning (according to your flight departure timing) you’ll be dropped at the Leh airport. From there on you shall board the flight back to your respective destination.
Tour Cost INR 28900/- Per Person
Tour Cost only for trek 21000/- Per Person
What is included in the above Cost?
- Stay in a Guest House on Triple Basis in Leh (Day 01, 02, 03 and 08).
- Daily Breakfast from Day 02, 03, 04 to Day 09.
- Vegetarian meals throughout the trek from Day 04 to Day 08 (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- To & Fro pickup and dropping at Leh Airport.
- Transport from Leh to the Trekking point and back to Leh at the end of trekking via Tempo Traveller.
- Stay in an Alpine/Dome tent on a Triple/Quad sharing basis.
- Common Kitchen and Dining tents with all kitchen equipment.
- Mattresses and Gumboots
- Cook, helper and porters for common equipment ( Ration/Tents/Utensils)
- Experienced Chadar trek Guide.
- First Aid kit and portable oxygen Cylinder.
What is not included in the above cost?
- Personal Porters for carrying trekker’s backpacks @ INR 4500 Per 10 KGs for 5 days from Day 4 to Day 8 subject to availability at the time of booking
- Environmental & Wildlife fee, Adventure Rescue Fee, Camping charges, ALTOA fee & Medical
- Checkup fees is INR 5000/- per person
- Sleeping Bags – Rs 200 per day
- Walking sticks – Rs 60 per day
- Trekking shoes and personal clothing.
- Personal insurance or cost of emergency evacuation.
- Purchases of personal nature such as mineral water bottles/bottled or canned beverages/chocolates/dry fruits etc.
- Any Flight Ticket.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- GST (5%)
Terms & Conditions:
- 50% Advance to confirm the reservation.
- Balance amount to be deposited 15 Days before your departure.
- 30% of the amount will be charged if cancelled before 15 Days of your Departure
- 100% Cancellation amount will be charged if cancelled within 15 Days of tour Departure
- Full Confirmation of Hotels will be provided only on full payment.
- Vehicles provided as per tour plan (Point to Point Basis)
- Any services initialized are non -refundable and any expenses due to change in the program due to health or road blockage will be charged extra.
- Prices valid from 05 January 2023 to 05 February 2023.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.