Jungle Retreat Wayanad is an ideal escape for the wildlife lovers who wish to enjoy nature in complete privacy from your own comfortable villa or cottage set in the middle of the Jungle. Your Indian wilderness adventure awaits you here.
The Retreat is a well kept secret in the wild heart of wayanad, Kerala offering guests unmatched wildlife sightings right from your room’s balcony itself; the retreat has a setting that makes you feel that you are camping out in the jungle but in comfort & security.
Jungle Retreat Wayanad is a 10 acre farm set in the middle of the Jungles of Wayanad / Kerala, which is a part of the Western Ghats Range. We have neat, comfortable rooms made available to wildlife, nature lovers who want to stay close to the Jungle, feel & experience the sights and sounds of the Jungle. You are very likely to see Elephants, Gaur, Indian Wild Dogs, various types of deer and birds right from your room’s balcony itself. We also arrange customized jungle treks, safaris and wildlife related workshops from our farm. If you are looking for nature, wildlife, peace & privacy in a safe and comfortable way, then you won’t be disappointed with your stay with us.
- Jungle Villa
- Jungle Cottage
Activities Available :
- Bird Watching Workshop : Half day session where we’ll identify at least 50 different types/species of birds.
- Astronomy Workshop : 1 Hour workshop on the astronomical wonders of the night sky. We will identify planets, constellations & more.
- Nagarahole National Park for Jungle Safari : Take a jeep drive deep into the sanctuary, an ideal way to view the wildlife of this region
- Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary for Jungle Safari : Enjoy trekking and safari inside the national park, accompanied by forest guards
- Brahmagiri Peak trek (8hrs) : 5500 feet above msl, trek to a picture-perfect location.
- Pakshipathalam trek (7 hours) : A natural cave structure where unique birds and bats nest.
- Campfire: Dinner along with campfire under the starlit sky
- Barbeque & Campfire: Barbeque dinner along with campfire under the starlit sky
- Fishing: Try your hand in fishing at our fishing pond. You catch, you cook, you eat!
- Library / Museum: Relax and read-up about the flora, fauna and tribals in our infotainment centre.
- White water Rafting : Enjoy the adventure and thrill of white water rafting
- Tribal Colony visit : Interact with the local tribe and get an insight into their lives
- Visit secluded Jungle stream: For a refreshing, invigorating bath – 4Kms away from the farm
- Tea plantation visit : Visit a large tea plantation and get to know how tea is processed
- Be the farmer : Meet and interact with farmers, learn from them the concepts of organic farming. Try your hand in farming!
- Thirunelli Temple : An architectural wonder, perhaps the oldest temple in India
- Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary : One of the least explored and best sanctuaries for wildlife sightings
- Nagarahole National Park : One of the best National Parks in India with very high density of Big Cats (Tigers and Leopards)
- Papanashini Stream : Often referred to as the Ganges of the south, believed that a dip here would wash away the sins
- Edakkal Cave : Ancient cave structures and drawings
- Pookott Lake : Enjoy boating in large freshwater lake 3000ft above msl
- Kuruva Island : An amazing 1000 acre island with unique flora and fauna
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.