Kedakal previously known as Kedukal, was first owned by British Messrs. The land was cleared of jungle and coffee was cultivated in the year 1900. The ripe ‘cherry’ was pulped by hand power on the estate. The parchment coffee was then sent to Tellicherry to be cured and the prepared product was then shipped to England for sale. The property is about 3400ft above sea level. Pepper vines have also be planted throughout the estate.
The bungalow in Kedakal built in the early 1900’s sits in the midst of a beautiful coffee plantation passed on to us by our grandfather and filled with history. This ancestral property with all its history stays within the family and we’ve retained the Kedakal Bungalow. The Kedakal village, the Kedakal Post Office and the Kedakal Panchayat are all part of our history. Located 5kms from a town called Suntikoppa en route to Madikeri.
The Kedakal Home stay is a 4 bedroom bungalow of which 3 bedrooms are dedicated to our guests. The plantation predominantly grows coffee, pepper and portions of cardamom and vanilla spread all over.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.