Lost in the wildernes Read more [...]
It’s the place where we can be ourselves, stress-free, put our feet up and be relaxed. These days, even at our home we are seldom able to cut ourselves from distractions and activities that make us stressed out. If home is not where you can take a break, where else do you go? Welcome to Aadhavana!
Aadhavan in Sanskrit means the Sun. Vana means forest. Aadhavana hence means Sun’s Forest (Inspite of its location in Sakleshpur which receives more rainfall during the year we didn’t want to name it as Rain Forest, its beauty is defined well when Sun is around, hence, the name “Aadhavana”). Aadhavana – a stay true to its name, a simple luxury. Not a conventional homestay, Aadhavana is a plantation stay. We have four cottages and a dormitory beautifully built up in the middle of lush green. Well-spaced, well-lit and well ventilated – it’s the perfect place for a family to spend their time together away from all intrusions. While at Aadhavana you get to enjoy the blissful quietness just interrupted by the sweet songs of the birds. Sights of different colored butterflies and migratory birds will fill your senses. The biggest “YES” for this place is there is no one season that’s best to come here. Every season there is something good that will make your visit worthwhile. What more, you will experience a calmness that comes only when you are close to Mother Nature.We are immensely proud to be part of one of the 24 Bio-diversity hotspots of the world. That makes us immensely particular to let only those who respect nature be a part of this beautiful experience called Aadhavana. If not littering and ensuring you don’t contribute to already existing pollution, you are welcome to Aadhavana!
You have the opportunity to make your experience even better by giving it back to the nature. You are free to get your own sapling and plant in our property as your contribution to the greenery. Grant yourself a magical treat called Aadhavana!
Facilities and Other Services:
- Spacious and comfortable cottages/ Dormitory
- South Indian recipe including Malnad specialty
- Trekking for adventure lovers/Bird Watching
- Camp Fire with Music
- Sports (Mini Golf, Badminton, American Football, Football, Dart, Archery, Playing Cards, Slush game)
- Water Stream
- Hot Water
Places of Interest to Visit:
- Manjarabad fort – historical fort built during Tipu Sultan regime. 10 kms from Aadhavana
- Kadumane Estate – Beautiful tea estate spread across approximately 14000 acres, Sunday visit to the tea manufacturing unit is much suggested – 18 kms from Aadhavana
- Mookana mane Falls – beautiful natural falls – 10 kms from Aadhavana
- Bisle Ghat – nature’s best with Bisle reserve – couple of hours drive from Aadhavana
- Other places – Kukke Subramanya, Dharmasthala, Belur, Halebidu – all around 2 hours drive
- Detailed Pricing:
Cottages – INR 2300 per person per day
Dormitory – INR 2000 per person
Checkin time at 11.00 AM IST. Tariff shall include lunch, tea/coffee, dinner, breakfast (next day morning) and a comfortable stay in a cottage / Dormitory. Food shall be pure vegetarian. Customers shall also be provided with sports materials. A camp fire can be arranged (provided it’s not raining) Any other requests, provided within our limits, shall be accomodated at additional cost (trekking, Sightseeing, Pick up and drop, etc)