Careers at HolidayMonk
HolidayMonk is a Bangalore based travel startup focusing on helping hotels across the globe grow bookings. Our mission is to Simplify the life of hosts through technology. HolidayMonk was founded in 2013 and we stud up independently through our constant effective programs within organization and outside.
Required Skill Set
- B.Com, M.Com / CA Inter.
- Solid knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Great working knowledge of Tally or other accounting software.
- Great Attention to detail and manage books with accuracy.
- Ability to manage time and hit deadlines.
- Software as a Service (SaaS), Internet and ecommerce.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Manage accounts and process invoices, bills, employee reimbursements.
- Ensure proper TDS is being withheld where required.
- Prepare financial reports and maintain financial statements with accuracy and compliance to rules and regulations.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and upload transactions in the banking system.
- Prepare financial reports and MIS by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Forecasts revenue, costs and hold various teams accountable to their budgets.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain controller-ship for spends and revenue inside the organization.
Desired profile of the candidate
- Self-starter, proactive individual who is a great team player
- Hard worker who delivers assignments on time.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment
- Ideal candidate will be hungry to grow.
Min. Exp : 1 years
Max. Exp : 3 years
Location – Bangalore
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Its a hands on role with active design/ coding work, it also includes aspects of tech leadership to lead/ mentor junior engineers and interns.
- Take ownership of product features and build it end to end, including coming up with functional approach/ design/ implementation/ unit testing.
- Design should consider aspects like response time, scalability, asynchronous systems, user experience.
- Help with production environments on AWS, Ubuntu, Apache, Nginx, RabbitMQ, Celery, Memcache etc.
- Help with code reviews.
- Be part of agile development process and lead/ take part in scrum.
- 3+ year experience in Python with significant exposure to web technologies/ frameworks like Django.
- Strong in problem solving, algo/ ds.
- Working knowledge of relational databases like MySQL & PostgreSQL .
- Experience with Bootstrap, LESS/SASS, templating like Mustache is a plus .
- Knowledge of Handlebars is a plus.
- Interest in writing content – for example, blog post on some cool feature that you build.
- We put the willingness and passion to learn & build above anything else and if you think you have got it in you, do apply.
- Industry comparable salary.
- Really flexible hours.
- If you are sick, just stay home.
- Movie/Gaming night outs.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to hire star designers, in a full time capacity, who can help design the best online presence for hotels.If you love creating world class designs that work well on mobile, tablet, and desktop, you will love working at Simplotel.
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience in designing UI for web and mobile
- Flair for usability and color schemes
- Good understanding of typography and layout
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to make wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Understanding of user centric design
- A degree in design from reputed university / college is a plus
Compensation will be market competitive based on your skills.
Location – Bangalore
HolidayMonk is looking to hire full time star telesales executives who can take inbound calls for hotel reservations, make outbound calls and qualify leads for sales and do analysis as required. If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment – we want to talk to you. If you are passionate about selling internet and mobile technologies – you’ll thoroughly enjoy building Simplotel.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Fluent in English and Hindi. Fluency in Kannada a plus.
- 1-3 years experience in telesales or a call center.
- Self starter individual who can generate leads, make cold calls, schedule meetings and sell on the phone.
- Good team player.
Our prime focus is on domestic travel. Holidaymonk is specializing in best-value international/domestic holidays & tours, business trips, M.I.C.E and corporate travel.
About the Internship:
The selected intern(s) will work on following during the internship:
- Holiday Consulting.
- Handling Customer Queries / Requirements related to Holidays.
- Designing Holiday Packages.
- Coordinating with Suppliers for order fulfillment.
Who can apply:
- Any Post Graduate / Graduate (preferably MBA, Masters in Tourism Studies, MA)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English & Hindi.
- Quick learner & ability to adapt to a fast working environment.